Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#49529 - 11/12/2001 00:24 "Played" flag being cleared with player On/Off
svferris
addict

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
I've noticed that if I turn off the player (such as shutting off the car or unplugging it from home), when I start it up again and it resumes playing the last song that was on, the "played" flag (Number of plays) didn't register the current play.

To put that a little clearer, let's say I'm playing a song and when it starts, it registers that it was played once. I turn off the engine and go to the store. When I come back and startup the car, the empeg resumes the song, but the counter is back at zero again.

I'm not absolutely sure this happens EVERY time, but I see it a lot. Can anybody help classify this bug and the steps to reproduce?

It's on 2.0b3.

#49530 - 11/12/2001 10:51 Re: "Played" flag being cleared with player On/Off [Re: svferris]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Good catch. Stuck this one in the internal bug list just to make sure it got seen. It may have already been fixed in a recent build, I don't know.

#49531 - 11/12/2001 18:15 Re: "Played" flag being cleared with player On/Off [Re: svferris]
drakino
carpal tunnel

I was seeing this a bit, along with the occasional double count under the same situation. I was trying to look into it more, and had forgotten to post about it. It does seem to happen more often when the song is in the forst portion.

#49532 - 11/12/2001 22:35 Re: "Played" flag being cleared with player On/Off [Re: tfabris]
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
Tony, would you be able to tell us whether or not the play count is incremented at 5 seconds in the newest alphas or if the position has been altered? Shouldn't be a big NDA point I think.

This position would be better implemented as a percentage of the song length, rather than a specific #. Of course that then adds a bit of extra calculation. I find that 5 seconds is a bit too short and ends up increasing counters when I'm skipping around at a slow pace (or when I can't concentrate on the display and need to listen to a bit of the song to make up my mind).

Bruno

#49533 - 12/12/2001 08:10 Re: "Played" flag being cleared with player On/Off [Re: hybrid8]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
This was asked for in another thread that I can't seem to find in a search for some reason. I agree. The best solution proposed (not by me) was:

Increment "plays" only if you've listened to 3/4 of the song
Increment "skipped" only if you've skipped it before 1/4 of the song has played.

At least I think that's how it went. 1/3 and 2/3 would work as well. Times Skipped isn't currently implemented anyway, but it allegedly will be Real Soon Now.